Hack Your Way to Typing Skills – How to Type Faster
Typing is an important skill, not only typing but fast and accurate typing is very important for any field you wish to pursue. Today, typing skills are essential as everything is based on computer – be it writing the Emails, writing the blogs, or developing the contents for newspapers, websites or else. You can also save a lot of time on chatting and other forums by typing faster. Without further ado, we are providing you the ways to learn faster. Let’s see
How to type faster
Practice the good posture
Good posture can work wonders. You should sit straight on a chair with a comfortable height from where you can see the monitor. This is the basic of the typing skills. Keeping the good posture can help you to type faster and more accurately.
Remember, poor posture can take a toll on your muscles, affect your energy levels and accuracy as well.
Practice touch typing
You should know your keyboard. Touch typing refers to typing without looking at the keyboard.
You might have noticed a raised bar or a dot on F and J keys which allow your finger to identify them. You have to place your two indexes on those keys; the other fingers are placed on the keys next to them. ‘A’ ‘S’ ‘D’ ‘F’ and ‘J’ ‘K’ ‘L’ ‘;’ are the base positions for your fingers. Your fingers move from the base position to the key that you want to use and after pressing the key it returns at the base position.
This is a great trick which can help you increase the typing speed in a short period of time. Initially, this may result in some mistakes, but you will learn the positions of the keys at a much higher rate without using the keyboard as a crutch.
Practice the Shortcut Keys
This is another answer to your question – how to type faster. Maximize the use of shortcut keys rather than the mouse. Because if you keep moving your hand away from the keyboard to mouse and back to the keyboard can consume a lot of your time.
Some of the shortcuts that are most commonly used in word – processing are:
- Ctrl + C for Copy
- Ctrl + V for Paste
- Ctrl + X for Cut
- Ctrl + S to Save
- Ctrl + F to search a word
- Ctrl + A highlights everything
- Shift + Left Arrow (or Right Arrow) highlights next letter
- Ctrl + Shift + Left Arrow (or Right Arrow) highlights next word
- Home to go to the beginning of line
- Page Up to Scroll up
- Page Down to Scroll down
- Ctrl + Left Arrow (or Right Arrow) to navigate text cursor to next word
You can also use the following shortcut keys for browsing the web.
- Ctrl + Tab for switching to next tab
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab for switching to the previous tab
- Ctrl + T to Open a new tab
- Ctrl + W to Close the current tab
- Ctrl + R to Refresh the current webpage
- Ctrl + N to Open new web browser window
- Backspace to Go back one page
- Shift + Backspace Go forward one page
Make the most of the online tools and available apps
Typing may seem stressful at one point. However, with the availability of the typing games and the online tools you can conquer the world and have the fun at the same time. Some of the best online resources to improve your skills are as follows:
- Typing Test: It keeps a check on your typing speed and accuracy throughout the complete typing test.
- Typing.com: Here you can practice on the different levels; starting from a beginner level to advance level.
- Type Racer: In the Type Racer each player is represented by a car. You are given a song or a passage of text from a book, you then type it out to move your car in a ‘race’ with other players.
- Qwerty Warriors: It is a typing game where you can improve your typing speed and accuracy by demolishing oncoming attacks by words.
- Sense – lag typing resource: This is the best resource for free typing tutorials, games, tests and you can also earn the certifications and much more.
- Keybr.com: On this platform, readable random words are generated but some words are spelled incorrectly to help you remember common letter combinations better rather than typing random letters. At the end, it gives the statistics to tell you which area of the keyboard requires more practice. It also offers words in different languages as well as different keyboard layouts.
- Touch typing study: The exercises on this site make you comfortable with the finger positioning by repeatedly asking you to type those letters with the correct finger. It is also offered in different languages.
- Typing Maniac: If you are an avid user of Facebook, Typing Maniac is for you. You can compete with your friends on Facebook and see who can earn the maximum points. In this game, words appear on the screen, you have to type them out to make them go away before allowing the other words to land on the ground and cause you to lose the game! If you cross each level without missing or misspelling a word then you can earn points and get a better score.
Practice, practice, practice
Practice is the best way to increase your typing speed and accuracy. By practicing regularly you can make your fingers learn their location on a keyboard through muscle memory.
Practice for improving the typing skills requires a dedicated effort; it really is the best way to see results. There is no alternative to practice Moreover, even if you practice your typing skills for 30 minutes each day for a month, you can observe the improvement that can make all the difference in helping you land your dream job.